Frequently Asked Questions

You've got questions, we've got answers. If you don't find your question here, you can e-mail us and we'll work hard to answer your challenging and thoughtful questions. Each question below is a link.  Just click on the question to find the answer found further down on the page.

Even if you have notified your child's teacher, you must also call these numbers to report the absence:
   Lower Campus - 668-3210
   Upper Campus - 668-3310
back to the top

  • What are the office hours?

 Lower Campus: 8:15 - 4:15 P.M.  
 Upper Campus:8:00 - 4:00 P.M.

School Hours:

Lower Campus - 9:15-3:45 PM 

Upper Campus - 9:20 AM - 3:50 PM

back to the top

How do I enroll my child at LHCS?
In Minneapolis, the school registration process is handled centrally by the Student Placement Center managed by Mpls Public Schools (MPS). You can call them at 612-668-1840 or learn more about registration at their website Registration normally takes place in January for the following fall. The School Choice request cards are typically due in to MPS in February for your best chance to get the school you want.
back to the top

What are the attendance boundaries for LHCS for transportation purposes?
Please see this link to the district map on the MPS site.
back to the top

How do I know if I should send my school if they aren't feeling well?
Please see this
link regarding illness and the recommendations of Minneapolis Public Schools.
back to the top

I would like to tour the school. How can I set that up?
Scheduled tours of LHCS are provided during November, December and January. Please check this website's home page for the current year's tour schedule.  If it is not posted, please check the website at a later date.
back to the top

When and how do I find out who my child has for a teacher?
Teacher assignments are mailed to student homes one to two weeks before school begins.
back to the top

Why does my teacher’s website shows “in development or under construction”?
New teachers or new grade assignments require new pages. Please be patient and they will be set up as soon as possible.
back to the top

I am taking my children out of school for extra vacation time. What do I need to do?
You need to fill out a Family Activity Form at least ten days before your vacation and turn it in to the office to notify them of your child's (children's) absence? We encourage you to take vacation time over days when your children are not in school. Administration reserves the right to approve or deny missed days based on attendance and student progress. Denied days will be considered unexcused absences. For additional questions regarding vacation time, please contact the principal or school office.
back to the top

Who works on the school website?
Parent Volunteers and school staff work on the LHCS web pages. Everyone tries their best to make the site informative, consistent and complete. There are no professionals or dedicated staff assigned to the site. If you are interested in volunteering, or if you have a suggestion or comment, use this Contact Us form.
back to the top